Friday, May 9, 2008

Jason Castro Leaves American Idol

The Jason Castro from Texas was the first of American Idol’s final four to be cut from the competition. David Archuleta, Syesha Mercado and David Cook will continue on their quest to be the next American Idol, which includes hometown visits next week, before the show’s finale on May 21.

The 21-year-old couldn’t have been too surprised after Tuesday’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performances. First, he sang Bob Marley’s “I Shot the Sheriff,” which Randy Jackson said sounded “really karaoke.” Simon Cowell called it “utterly atrocious.” For his second song, Jason attempted Bob Dylan’s “Mr. Tambourine Man,” but forgot the lyrics. Simon told him, “I’d pack your bags.”

Backstage, Jason seemed disappointed. “I don’t know what happened,” he said with a nervous smirk. “Everything just got all off.” Syesha joined him in the bottom two Wednesday and Ryan Seacrest asked them both about the previous night. “It’s just getting tough for me. I think my inexperience is coming in,” Jason said.

But despite ending his run on Idol, Jason showed his laidback sense of humor and that spacey charm that made him so likable: “Somebody told me I shot the ‘Tambourine Man’ yesterday.”

Source: www.people.com

No comments: