Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Heath Ledger Died Of Accidental Overdose





















Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs, the New York City medical examiner's office reported Wednesday morning, the AP reports. Ellen Borakave, spokesperson for Office of Chief Medical Examiner, confirms to Usmagazine.com that autopsy results were released this morning. "Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," Borakove said in a statement.

Toxicology reports show Heath’s death was caused by acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine, TMZ.com reports. It also says the NYPD found five different medications in Heath's apartment after his death, including anti-anxiety medications Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium) and Lorazepam (Ativan). TMZ.com also reports the sleeping medication Zopiclone (Lunesta) and the sedative Temazepam (Restoril) – which is used by people with "debilitating insomnia" – were also found.

Source: www.usmagazine.com

No comments: