Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Dannielynn Visits The Graves Of Her Mother And Brother

Larry Birkhead and his daughter Dannielynn Hope made a poignant trip back to Nassau, Bahamas to visit the gravesites of her mother, Anna Nicole Smith, who passed away February 8, 2007, and her brother Daniel, who died on September 10, 2006, three days after she was born.

Even though 17-month-old Dannielynn may not understand what was happening, she laid a little pink toy on her mother's grave and whispered "Mama." Larry told Jann Carl from Entertainment Tonight in an exclusive interview that,
It's tough. Even though she doesn't understand, it was important for us to come. One day I can tell her that we went to visit her mom.

Larry is determined that Dannielynn know who her mother is and makes sure that Anna Nicole is present in their home.
I keep a lot of memories around. I quiz her and she knows Mama. I say, 'Where's Mama?' and she'll give Mama a kiss on the picture.

Controversy surrounds Anna Nicole and Daniel being buried in the Bahamas, and when asked about the journey there, Larry replied,
I don't like the fact that they're here, I never did. I know that Daniel didn't want to be here and I know that his mother was only here because of what was going on between us with the paternity question. To me it feels really odd.

And when Dannielynn is older, Larry will give her the chance to decide whether or not the Bahamas are the final resting place for her mother and brother.
I'm going to leave the decision to Dannielynn when she's older. It would probably be very hard, if not impossible to take both of them and I definitely don't want to separate them.

Source: www.celebrity-babies.com

No comments: