Friday, February 8, 2008

Amy Winehouse To Perform Via Satellite For Grammys

Despite being denied a U.S. visa, Amy Winehouse will still take part in Sunday’s Grammy Awards. Amy will perform live via satellite from a London studio. “I’m raring to go and really excited to be performing at my first Grammy Awards,” Amy tells Usmagazine.com. “I’d like to thank everyone for their support over the last couple of weeks. I’m really sorry I can’t be there, but I appreciate that I'm being given a second chance via satellite. ”

To prepare, she will be leaving rehab today but "will remain under full medical supervision and her treatment will continue as normal," her rep said. Yesterday a rep confirmed she was denied her visa but “has accepted the ruling and will be concentrating on her recovery.” Amy is up for six awards, including Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "Rehab," Album Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album for Back To Black, as well as Best New Artist.

Source: www.usmagazine.com

No comments: