Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mindy McCready Sentenced To A Year In Jail

A Tennessee judge sentenced country singer Mindy McCready to a year in jail after she violated probation on a 2004 drug charge. McCready’s mother accused Mindy of scratching her during an argument at her home in Ft. Meyers, FL. Mindy resisted arrest when officers arrived at the scene. On Friday, Mindy told Circuit Court Judge Jeff Bivins her eight weeks in jail has been incredibly difficult; she’s been separated from her 16-month-old son, Zander Ryan.

"Your honor, I can honestly tell you this: This has been the longest two months of my life ... not being able to hold my son ... has been excruciatingly painful. I could only say I'm sorry. Please give me a chance to make things as right as they can possibly be."

The judge showed little sympathy for Mindy, and ordered her to spend a year in the county jail with credit for 75 days of time served. After release, she will spend the next two years on probation.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com

No comments: