Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Whoopi Joins The View

Barbara Walters announced that Whoopi Goldberg will be joining The View permanently. "This is a big day for us. A happy day for us," Barbara said on the ABC show Wednesday. Whoopi is scheduled to start the day after Labor Day. For her part, the performer said the new job as the show's moderator is "a thrill" – and she promised to dress better. "Ever watch The View?" Barbara jokingly asked Whoopi as she sat down at the table and was presented with her own coffee mug. "Once or twice," Whoopi cracked. "You look familiar."

No mention was made of comedian Sherri Shepherd whose name had circulated as the other likely contender to join the show in the fall. The published reports about Sherri were not even addressed.

Elisabeth Hasslebeck asked what Whoopi thought of celebrity feuds, since the show has had its share recently. The new cohost told her and the other cohost, Joy Behar that she's too mellow to get involved with such things – though Barbara said she should remain edgy. Whoopi also said she is most excited about the "Hot Topics" portion of the program. "The thing I'm looking forward to the least is getting in between everyone talking at one time."

Barbara's announcement follows the departure, two months ago, of Rosie O'Donnell, who abruptly left the program one month before her one-season contract was due to expire. Whoopi will occupy the chair vacated by Rosie and, before that, by Meredith Vieira, who left The View in May 2006 to take up co-hosting NBC's Today show. As anticipation built as to who would slip into The View's cohost seat, Hasselbeck, who is due to go on maternity leave when she has her second child in November. Besides Whoopi (and Sherri), other serious contenders for the show were comedians Kathy Griffin and Joan Rivers, who co-hosted Tuesday's show.

Source: People.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first time go to see at here and i am really happy
to read everthing at one place.

my site ... The-home-income-station.com

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, so
he/she wishes to be available that in detail,
therefore that thing is maintained over here.

Have a look at my weblog :: workouts to improve vertical

Anonymous said...

Normally I don't learn article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thanks, quite great post.

Feel free to visit my web site :: Vertical Jump Program Reviews

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

I have you book marked to check out new things you post…

My web blog: workouts for vertical jump

Anonymous said...

I know this web site offers quality dependent content and other data, is there any other web page which presents such things in quality?


Also visit my web blog; http://www.facebook.com/charlesjgirard.girard

Anonymous said...

I know this web site offers quality dependent content and
other data, is there any other web page which presents such things in quality?


Here is my homepage: http://www.facebook.com/charlesjgirard.girard

Anonymous said...

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your website by accident,
and I am surprised why this coincidence did not took place in
advance! I bookmarked it.

Feel free to surf to my homepage exercises to improve vertical jump

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind letting me know
which hosting company you're using? I've loaded your blog in
3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a fair
price? Cheers, I appreciate it!

Here is my web-site - www.patisipe.com

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article plus the rest of the website
is extremely good.

My webpage :: vertical Leap Exercises

Anonymous said...

This article will help the internet viewers for creating new
web site or even a weblog from start to end.


Also visit my site; http://www.proadm.com.br/moodle/user/profile.php?id=35023

Anonymous said...

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how
could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal.

I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

my page: www.strannik.com