Friday, May 18, 2007

Melinda Doolittle Not Sad To Leave Idol

Learning that her journey on American Idol had ended Wednesday night was "the first time that I had taken a breath in a really long time," Melinda Doolittle said Thursday.
"Knowing that I had made it this far and knowing that I was going to be able to sing from here on out without being judged and voted? It was just like this sigh of relief. Now I'm getting ready to sing just because I love it," Melinda told Ryan Seacrest on his radio show on 102.7 KIIS FM. Melinda told the host that she didn't feel any resentment after being voted off – despite receiving immense and consistent praise from all three Idol judges. "Two amazing people are in the finale right now and I couldn't be more proud of them," Doolittle, 29, said, referring to finalists Jordin Sparks, 17, and Blake Lewis, 25, who will compete in the finale next week. "Those are still my babies. I'm still their mama. I'm so proud about it and don't feel cheated at all. There are always opportunities out there to grab onto and to take a hold of so I'm just ready for that." She and the other finalists start rehearsals Thursday for next week's two-hour finale.

Source: People.com

No comments: