Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Angelina: Taking Time Off

Angelina Jolie has decided to take a year off to spend time with her family, PEOPLE learned. "I'm working this summer. I'm in Prague for a few months, then I take two months off, then I work for two months," Angelina said Tuesday while promoting A Mighty Heart at the Cannes Film Festival. "And then I take a year off." Asked if the time off will be for her family, she replied: "Yes."

Angie was speaking to reporters at the exclusive Hotel du Cap while partner Brad Pitt, who produced Heart, looked after their four children in a nearby villa. It was not clear whether Pitt would also take a hiatus in 2008. The couple walked the Cannes red carpet Monday night for the world premiere of A Mighty Heart along with Mariane Pearl, on whose memoir the film is based, and her son Adam. The Pitt-Jolie clan will remain at their villa on the French Riviera for several more days more as Pitt premieres Ocean's Thirteen.

Angelina, a Goodwill Ambassador for the UNHCR, insisted she will continue her campaign for justice around the world, even though there have been concerns for her safety: "I don't want to live inside a box. I will be smart, but I will lead a very bold life, and I will learn about the world." Asked by PEOPLE how she is enjoying her time in France with her family, Angie smiled and replied: "It's lovely. It's been lovely."

Source: People.com

No comments: