Wednesday, April 4, 2007

MySpacer Ends Hunger Strike

"J" as she is known to the readers of her myspace page starved herself for 16 days in effort to get American Idol contestant Sanjaya Malakar off the show. She finally ended her battle on doctor's orders. "I wanted people who were upset Sanjaya was still on the show, but hadn't voted, to be motivated to call because of what I was doing. I believe that I got people to do this., "J" tells TMZ.com. She lost 17 pounds during her protest and says the desire to eat had completely disappeared. "For the most part, it was a pretty positive reaction," she says. "They were glad that I took a stand for something I believe in." In the last video "J" made for her page there is a fitness singles advertisement in the background that had some people thinking this was a joke. "J" cleared it up for TMZ.com, "It's funny that so many people are reading so much into that. I actually have a job with Fitness Singles in their support department, so that screensaver has been on my computer for quite some time now."

Source: TMZ.com

No comments: