Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Marcia Cross And Her Twins In People

Actress Marcia Cross who's 45 introduced her fraternal twin daughters, Eden and Savannah, in People Magazine this week. The girls are 7 weeks old and were born four weeks early. Marcia's due date was March 21st. Savannah weighed in at 6 lbs, 7 oz, and Eden was 5 lbs, 10 oz. "I had over 12 lbs of baby in me!," Marcia said.
Marcia gave birth by c-section after developing preeclampsia which causesd her blood pressure rise to dangerously high levels, affecting both her and the twins. The babies were healthy and only staying in the hospital for four days.

Here are some interview highlights:

On motherhood: I wanted to be a member of that club so badly, and now I'm in and it's so much better than I even imagined. Even before I was 30 I started thinking about (it).I'm probably done [having kids], but I certainly can see why people keep going. I'm in heaven right now.

On nursing: [Marcia is tandem nursing her twins, as well as pumping.] Mastering the art of simultaneously nursing two babies "is a huge accomplishment," says Marcia. She's also excited about her rapid weight loss, which she credits to breastfeeding.

On her new routine: I'll tell you my routine – it's really exciting. [laughs] I feed, I burp, I change diapers, I pump. And then I have a tiny window of time to myself. [Marcia and Tom have the help of a baby nurse.]

On the differences between the girls: [In the womb], Savannah kicked all the time, and Eden was really quiet. Now Eden's the feisty one and Savannah's a little more Zen.

On choosing making babies over a honeymoon: We did in vitro a week after we got married. We were supposed to go to Greece and Paris and have this fancy honeymoon, and I said, 'Let's stay put and see if we can't give this baby a chance.' And it worked - times two.

Here is a picture of Marcia with Eden:


Source: Celebrity-Babies.com

No comments: