Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Wynonna Judd's Husband Arrested


Wynonna is facing another trying time in her life. Her husband, Daniel (D.R.) Roach was arrested for allegedly sexually abusing a child. He was arrest on March 22 in Buffalo Gap, Texas. He was there ungoing treatment for alcohol and drug addiction at Shades of Hope rehab center. Roach was held in Abilene, Texas on $750,000 bond.

Roach had been Wynonna's bodyguard for 10 years when they became engaged in 2001. They married on November 22, 2003. This was the second marriage for 42-year-old, Judd. She was married to Nashville yacht broker, Arch Kelley from 1996 to 1999. She has two children with Kelley, Elijah Judd, 12 and Grace Pauline, 10. She also was helping to raise Roach's son, Zac, who is about 2 years older than Elijah.

The news shocked Wyonna's ex-husband who said, "He's a good guy." Wynonna filed for divorce today from Roach in Nashville citing irreconcilable differences. She posted this message on her website, "I am obviously devastated. Our family will pull together, begin the healing process and hopefully- by the Grace of God- become stronger. We will move forward with our faith, family and our friends to find resolution to this difficult situation."

Sources: National Enquirer and www.wynonna.com

Personal Note: Wynonna is my favorite entertainer of all time. I have followed her since 1990 and was also a fan of her work with her mother, Naomi as The Judds. I have read every book on her and Naomi. I listen to her music on a regular basis and even enjoy watching her old concert videos. I feel like this is happening to my family. I admit I feel a close connection with her. We have so many common interest and have faced many similar stuggles. My heart goes out to her and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.

No comments: