Monday, March 26, 2007

Anna Nicole Smith Cause Of Death Revealed


Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose after she was found unresponsive at a hotel in Florida. "We found nothing to indicate any foul play," said Chief Charlie Tiger of the Seminole Police Department. He did say there was no evidence of disease. Then he revealed that only prescription drugs were found in her hotel room at The Hard Rock Hotel and Casino were she died. The cause of the delay in announcing the cause of death was due to additional evidence. They did not publicly released Perper's initial examination which had revealed no serious injury to the body.

Dr. Perper said that when his medical team went back and examined Anna, he found multiple injections in the left buttock and it had caused an infection that led to her high fever. (People around her were saying the fever was because she had the flu.) Anna had complained about pain in her left buttock and she had also had chills along with the fever of 105. Still she refused to go to the hospital. Dr. Perper found a lethal combo of drugs in her system that included anxiety and depression medication, valium, ativan, and antihistamine. He also said the drug chlorohydrate was a "major component in her death." He said the drugs were strong enough to kill in that combination, but the infection she had also took part.

Anna's sudden death and the recent death of her 20-year-old son, Daniel in the Bahamas has caused speculation about possible criminal causes in their deaths. (The inquest into Daniel's death will start on Tuesday in the Bahamas.) However, Howard K. Stern, Anna's live in partner will not be charged with anything according to Chief Tiger. He also cleared up the suicide rumors. He said Anna died not try to kill herself by drowning after her son, Daniel's death she fell in the pool because of being on too many drugs. He also said that information her computer helped to rule out that her death was a sucide attempt.

Dr. Perper finally stated that Anna might still be alive had she sought medical treatment. The medications were perscribed "by a number of different doctors." It is not clear if the doctors knew that others were giving medicine to Anna. And he revealed that the time of her death is not precise. She was alive at 10am and in distress at 1:30pm, but what time she actually died is unknown.

Sources: TMZ.com / MSNBC.com

No comments: